2013 Membership Application now available
We are now on Facebook!
Art Hushen, FCPP, ICPS, FCP
c/o National Institute of Crime Prevention
235 Apollo Beach Blvd. Suite 250
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
in 1994 by a group of practitioners from a variety of professions
the Florida CPTED Network promotes the implementation of Crime Prevention
Through Environmental Design (CPTED) concepts and principles so
as to reduce crime and the perception of crime.
CPTED theory is "The proper design and effective use of the
built environment can lead to a reduction in the fear of crime and
an improvement in the quality of life."
to the FCN webpage.
of the Florida CPTED Network
the summer of 1994 Dr. Diane Zahm brought the first group of CPTED
practitioners together at a meeting in Tampa, Fl. Diane had acquired
the names of Florida CPTED practitioners active in their communities
from the Florida Attorney General's Office. The first group consisted
of Art Walls, Sherry Carter, Stan Carter, D.J. Bradley, Junius Bradley
and Dorinda Howe. As a result of the first meeting a second meeting
was arranged and held in Orlando, FL. A list of CPTED practitioners
was prepared and they were asked to participate. In 1995 the process
of formalizing the Florida CPTED Network began. A by-laws committee
was created along with a goals and objectives committee and an educational
committee. The FCN logo was also created.
- In 1996 Ray Wood was elected as the first Chairperson of the FCN. That year the FCN received its 501-3C designation as a non-profit organization.
- In 1997 the FCN hosted the 2nd International CPTED Association conference.
- In 1998 Stan Carter was elected Chairperson.
- In 2000 Dorinda Howe was elected Chairperson.
- In 2002 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson.
- In 2006 Susan Ajoc was elected Chairperson
- In 2011 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson
- In 2013 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson